RTÉ Factual invites expressions of interest from suitably qualified companies for the provision of services to RTÉ in order to devise, create and produce a large scale, cross-media cultural event[s] that will formally bring the State’s Decade of Centenaries programme to a close.
RTÉ Factual wishes to proceed over the coming weeks with a tender to engage an independent production company to undertake the production and delivery of this significant broadcast[s] to RTÉ in September, 2023. This initiative will be supported by the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media under the Decade of Centenaries Programme 2012-2023.
To be considered for inclusion on a shortlist to tender, interested production companies must demonstrate a proven track record in each of the following areas:
- Does the company have a track record in the conception, production and delivery of large scale television and cross-media event programming of this kind, either into the RTÉ peak-time schedule, or equivalent on other broadcasters with nationwide audiences ?
- Is the company experienced in the efficient management of large scale television and cross-media event production teams and significant production resources and facilities to deliver quality programmes on time and on budget ?
- Has the company proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders including archival source owners, government departments and specialist contributors ?
- Has the company a history of working with creative directors, artists, performers and key talent ?
- Has the company the capacity and creative vision to take on a significant, public-facing event of scale that might cover a variety of genres and feature elements of entertainment, arts, culture, history and the Irish language ?
- Company biography with relevant experience of key personnel, in particular in the production of large scale television and cross-media event programming, and any other information that you wish to offer in support of your application.
- A current tax-clearance certificate.
Please do not submit programme ideas at this time.
Closing date for receipt of expressions of interest confirming your wish to be considered by RTÉ Specialist Factual for inclusion on the shortlist to tender is Wednesday, 5 October, 2022 at 12 noon [strict deadline]. Interested companies must include a briefing note stating how they meet the criteria listed above to be sent by email to Michelle Kenny – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that RTÉ has final decision on what production companies to include in this tender.