Wexford Festival Opera and RTÉ join forces once again
to bring a taste of Festival magic to audiences wherever they may be in Ireland or around the world
Shakespeare In the Heart
Experience a taste of Wexford Festival Opera at RTE.ie, RTÉ lyric fm, RTÉ Player, ARTE Opera
Today details were announced of how audiences can access at home unforgettable performances which will be streamed/ broadcast across RTE.ie/culture, RTÉ Player and RTÉ lyric fm.
Experience at home the 3 evening operas, performed on the stage of the magnificent O’Reilly Theatre in the National Opera House:
- Watch the fully-staged production of Edmea (Alfredo Catalani) LIVE on RTE.ie/culture and ARTE on 22 October, 8pm or watch back on RTÉ Player. Or listen back to the performance on 30 October on Opera Night with Paul Herriott, 7pm | RTÉ lyric fm
- Listen LIVE to Le Songe d’une nuit d’été (Ambroise Thomas) on 23 October on Opera Night with Paul Herriott, on RTÉ lyric fm or watch back at RTE.ie/culture on RTÉ Player from 25 October.
- On 6 November listen back to the concert performance of Ein Wintermärchen (Karl Goldmark) on Opera Night with Paul Herriott, 7pm on RTÉ lyric fm
Two other festival highlights will also be available to enjoy at home:
- Experience I Capuleti e i Montecchi (Vincenzo Bellini), performed by members of the Wexford Factory II on 25 October on RTE.ie/culture and RTÉ Player or on 13 November listen back to the production on Opera Night with Paul Herriott, 7pm RTÉ lyric fm.
- A Festival highlight not to be missed from 29 October, as the world renowned Angela Meade performs a special Gala performance which will be broadcast on RTE.ie/culture and available to watch back on RTÉ Player.
The 3 mainstage operas will also be broadcast around the world as part of the EBU Euroradio Season which features a selection of the best of concerts and operas from around the world. For over a decade the EBU have been sharing remarkable performances from Wexford with radio stations and listeners internationally, bringing Wexford to millions of listeners throughout the world.
Marty Whelan will also broadcast Marty in the Morning live from the National Opera House on Wednesday 20 October on RTÉ lyric fm. Following the opening performance, he’ll be chatting with performers involved in this year’s productions, having a look at the wider programme of events and meeting some of the volunteers who are big part of the festival each year.
Wexford Festival Opera Artistic Director Rosetta Cucchi said, “It is amazing that once again RTÉ, Lyric Fm and all the media involved will give WFO the wings to fly around the world”.
Ann-Marie Power, Group Head of Arts & Culture, RTÉ, said: “RTÉ is proud to once again be involved in this exciting and innovative partnership with the Wexford Festival Opera, and with ARTE. It is important that we continue to leverage the power of RTÉ’s platforms to connect with audiences, wherever they are, both at home and abroad, by bringing them the very best in arts and culture. The very best of luck to all involved in this year’s excellent Festival programme.”
For full details of ‘Shakespeare in the Heart and to download the brochure go to wexfordopera.com
Wexford Festival Opera would like to thank The Arts Council, Wexford County Council, Fáilte Ireland/Ireland’s Ancient East and the Festival’s Friends, sponsors and donors for their continued support.
#WFO | #WFO70 | #WexfordFactory