RTÉ has today released the latest JNLR figures. RTÉ Radio 1 holds 17 of the Top 20 Most-Listened-To Programmes in Ireland (Adults 15+ grid below) and continues to be the only station in Ireland with a weekly reach of over +1 million at 1,388,000 (-6,000 BoB). RTÉ 2fm has a weekly reach figure of 702,000 of Adults 15+ (+4,000 BoB) while at RTÉ lyric fm, 309,000 listeners are tuning in on a weekly basis.
RTÉ Radio 1:
RTÉ RADIO 1 WEEKDAY MARKET SHARE 21.3%
RTÉ RADIO 1 INCREASED WEEKDAY REACH TO 894,000 LISTENERS
- Liveline continues to engage and inform the nation as 332,000 listeners are tuning in every weekday to talk to Joe.
- News at One with Bryan Dobson has an audience of 334,000 listeners every weekday lunchtime increasing by 1,000 since last book.
- Drivetime with Sarah McInerney and Cormac Ó hEadhra engross the nation with 216,000 listeners tuning in every weekday evening, up 1,000 listeners this book.
- Ronan Collins plays the music for 242,000 listeners every weekday.
- The Ray D’Arcy Show broadcasts to 197,000 listeners each weekday afternoon.
Weekends on RTÉ Radio 1:
- Countrywide gains 18,000 (BoB) listeners with a listenership of 274,000.
- The Business has grown its audience by 25,000 (BoB) with 334,000 tuning in each Saturday.
- Sunday morning listenership is up with Sunday Miscellany gaining 25,000 (BoB) listeners with 312,000 tuning in while Sunday with Miriam gains 11,000 (BoB) as 339,000 listeners engage every Sunday morning.
- This Week has an audience of 177,000 listeners on Sunday lunchtimes (+4,000 BoB).
Peter Woods, Head of RTÉ Radio 1 said: “We’re delighted to see that morning programmes in Radio 1 continue to break new ground in attracting listenership. Brendan O’Connor and Miriam O’Callaghan dominate listening on weekends and there is recognition too here for the wider cultural footprint of this station, our music programmes and substantial growth for Countrywide, Playback, The Business, Beo ar Éigean, Céilí House and Sunday Miscellany”.
RTÉ 2FM HAS A WEEKDAY MARKET SHARE OF 5.8%
321,000 LISTENERS TUNE IN TO RTÉ 2FM EVERY WEEKDAY
- 2FM Breakfast with Doireann, Donncha and Carl entertain 123,000 listeners every morning, with 9,000 more tuning in since last book.
- Jennifer Zamparelli on 2FM has 138,000 listeners.
- Tracy Clifford on 2FM has 127,000 listeners.
- Drive It with The 2Johnnies has 122,000 listeners.
Weekends on 2FM:
- Laura Fox at the Weekends enjoys 107,000 listeners on Saturday mornings (+8,000 BoB) and 95,000 tuning in on Sunday morning s (+11,000 BoB).
- Chris and Ciara have 113,000 listeners on Saturdays (+6,000 BoB), while 96,000 switch on on Sunday mornings (+4,000 BoB).
Dan Healy, Head of RTÉ Radio Strategy and RTÉ 2FM said: “A very good book for 2FM. Doireann, Donncha and Carl have had a stunning result and the 2 Johnnies look to be doing really well which augurs well for the next survey. The changes we made at the weekends seem justified, particularly with Laura Fox making big gains at 9am on Saturday and Sunday.”
RTÉ lyric fm
RTÉ LYRIC FM HAS A WEEKDAY MARKET SHARE OF 2.4%
RTÉ LYRIC FM HAS 309,000 LISTENERS TUNING IN ON A WEEKLY BASIS
- Movies and Musicals with Aedín Gormley has 64,000 listening in on Saturdays, (+5,000 BoB).
- Marty in the Morning has 50,000 listeners turning on every morning (+1,000 BoB).
- The Hamilton Scores with George Hamilton has 46,000 listeners tuning in on Saturday (+7,000 BoB) and 47,000 on Sunday (+6,000 BoB).
- Liz Nolan’s The Full Score has 45,000 listeners.
- Niall Carroll’s Classical Daytime reaches 38,000 listeners (+3,000 BoB).
- The Mystery Train with John Kelly (Monday – Thursday)/ The Lyric Concert with Paul Heriott (Friday) reaches 31,000, while The Mystery Train (Sunday) has 14,000 (+3,000) hopping onboard.
Sinéad Wylde, Head of RTÉ lyric fm said “This book once again endorses the valuable space RTÉ lyric fm creates for listeners where they can experience beauty and joy through many musical adventures. I am delighted to see that RTÉ lyric fm is maintaining it’s 4% Reach (Weekdays) which was achieved in our last book, and we continue to have a solid Share performance particularly with increases on Saturdays for The Hamilton Scores with George Hamilton and Movies and Musicals with Aedín Gormley. Weekday mornings are also growing for Classical Daytime with Niall Carroll and Marty in the Morning with Marty Whelan hitting 50k listeners for the first time.”
Book-on-Book (BoB) = Source: JNLR/Ipsos MRBI 2022-2 release vs. 2022-1.
We do not have a Year-on-Year information as there was no equivalent release in 2021.