RTÉ reaches almost 2 million radio listeners (1,984,000) or 51% of the Adult 15+ population tuning in every week (-16,000 BoB and -16,000 YoY). RTÉ Radio 1continues to be the only radio station in the country with a weekly reach of over one million people, with 1,356,000 tuning in. RTÉ 2FM has a weekly reach figure of 830,000/21% of Adults 15+ while RTÉ lyric fm has increased its listenership with 282,000 listeners on a weekly basis (+9,000 BoB and +15,000 YoY).
RTÉ Radio 1:
THE ONLY IRISH RADIO STATION WITH A WEEKLY REACH OF OVER 1 MILLION
RTÉ RADIO 1 WEEKDAY MARKET SHARE 22%
- The Ryan Tubridy Show sees increases of 2,000 listeners in this book, and 21,000 year on year bringing his reach to 334,000 (+2,000 BOB, +21,000 YOY).
- Morning Ireland increases listenership BOB with 429,000 tuning in each morning (+5,000).
- The Marian Finucane Show broadcasts to 343,000 listeners every Saturday, while there are 290,000 tuning in on Sunday mornings.
- Saturday with Cormac Ó hEadhra has remained unchanged with 212,000 (BOB) listeners.
- This Week has held its listenership of 185,000 (BOB).
- Liveline with Joe Duffy draws 363,000 listeners Monday to Friday; Liveline is the second most listened to radio programme in the country.
Tom McGuire, Head of RTÉ Radio 1 has said: “We are pleased that RTÉ Radio 1 remains the nation’s most-listened-to radio station. And we are pleased with the positive audience response to the terrific variety of news, current affairs, music and entertainment, sport, arts and culture that RTÉ Radio 1 offers”.
- 2FM Breakfast with Doireann and Eoghan has 135,000 listeners tuning in on weekday mornings (+2,000 BOB).
- Jennifer Zamparelli on 2FM has 156,000 listeners.
- Tracy Clifford has 147,000 listeners.
- Jenny Greene on 2FM has 139,000 listeners.
Dan Healy, Head of RTÉ Radio Strategy and RTÉ 2FM says: “Although we are only the four months into the new schedule there is evidence that it is having a positive impact on our 15-34 audience. Our market share for 15-34 years increased from 12.5% to 13%. Our new breakfast show with Doireann and Eoghan held which is remarkable, because normally when you change breakfast shows the audience usually goes in to a temporary decline. Our new talk show, The Jennifer Zamparelli Show on 2FM, is doing very really well, bringing relevant human interest stories for younger audiences to the airwaves. We have had a strong summer of live music, supporting new and emerging Irish musicians and we continue to lead the way in public service broadcasting for younger audiences”.
RTÉ lyric fm:
RTÉ LYRIC FM INCREASES LISTENERSHIP TO 282,000 LISTENERS ON A WEEKLY BASIS
(+9,000 BoB and +15,000 YoY)
RTÉ LYRIC FM HAS A WEEKDAY MARKET SHARE OF 1.8% FOR ADULTS 15+
- RTÉ lyric fmhas 282,000 listeners on a weekly basis (+9,000 BoB and +15,000 YoY)
- Lorcan Murray’s Classic Drive reaches 48,000 adults 15+ (+4,000 BOB, +9,000 YOY)
- Marty in the Morning programme reaches 38,000 adults 15+
- The Hamilton Scores presented by George Hamilton has 33,000 (+6,000 BOB, 8,000 YOY)
- Sunday Matinee presented by Aedín Gormley reaches 40,000 adults 15+ (+3,000 BOB)
- The Mystery Train with John Kelly (Sunday) reaches 12,000 adults 15+ (+2,000 BOB)
- Evelyn Grant’s Weekend Drive (Sunday) reaches 39,000 (+3,000 BOB)
- The Lyric Feature (Sunday) reaches 17,000 (+4,000 BOB)
Aodán O’Dubhghaill, Head of RTÉ lyric fm has said: “This is the 3rd book this year that has shown RTÉ lyric fm increase its listeners across the week. We came in to 2019 with 265,000 and we have grown that to 282,000 and increased our market share. There is a lot of love out there for RTÉ lyric fm, our presenters and the quality classical music we broadcast each and every day”.
All comparisons are book-on-book (2019/3 vs. 2019/2) or year-on-year (2019/3 vs. 2018/3) as stated.
Source: JNLR/ Ipsos MRBI October 2018 – September 2019
All figures are all adults 15+ unless otherwise specified.