RTÉ is reaching over 2 million radio listeners (2,004,000) every week, representing 51% of the adult 15+ population. this is an increase of 26,000 people tuning in since the last JNLR release (RoR) and 20,000 more on this time last year on year (YoY).
RTÉ Radio 1 is the only station in Ireland with a weekly reach of over +1 million listeners (1,436,000). In a continuing trend, this figure us up, by +64,000 RoR and 80,000 YoY. RTÉ Commercial is reaching also 51% of adults 15+ (1,991,000) (+27,000 RoR and +23,000 YoY).
RTÉ Radio 1:
RTÉ RADIO 1 WEEKDAY MARKET SHARE 24.1%
WEEKLY REACH OF OVER 1.4 MILLION LISTENERS
- Morning Ireland isthe most-listened-to radio programme in the country, increasing listenership by 62,000 (YoY) with 491,000 tuning in each morning.
- The Tubridy Show grows 47,000 (YoY) to 381,000 and is the fourth mostlistenedto programme in Ireland.
- Today with SOR/Sarah McInerney/Claire Byrne increased by 54,000 (YoY) to 369,000 listeners.
- Ronan Collins gains 47,000 new listeners with a total of 262,000 listeners (YoY)
- News at One grows to370,000 listeners every lunchtime, an increase of 50,000 listeners (YoY)
- Liveline with Joe Duffy grows by 41,000 (YoY) to 404,000 and is the second most listened to programme in the country
- The Ray D’Arcy Show gained 23,000 listeners (YoY) to 242,000 listeners
- Drivetime increases its listenership by 54,000 (YoY) with 265,000 people tuning in every day
Saturday mornings on RTÉ Radio 1 also sees large growth,
- Countrywide listenership increases to 260,000, a gain 76,000 (YoY)
- Playback listenership is362,000 a growth of 74,000 (YoY)
- The Business now has an audience of 376,000, gaining 75,000 listeners(YoY)
- The Marian Finucane Show/Brendan O’Connor gains 39,000 listeners on Saturdays (YoY) and increases its audiences by 62,000 on Sundays (YoY)
- Saturday with Cormac O hEadhra / Katie Hannon / Doc on One increases by 16,000 listeners to 228,000 (YoY)
- Saturday Sport sees a growth of 39,000 listeners to 221,000 (YoY)
As do Sunday mornings,
- World Report/Bowman now has a listenership of 192,000, gaining 47,000 listeners (YoY)
- Sunday Miscellany listenership of 275,000, seeing a growth of 46,000 (YoY)
- Sunday with Miriam increases to 318,000, a large gain of 82,000 listeners (YoY)
- This Week current affairs programme gains 12,000 listeners (YoY)
- Sunday Sport provides all the action to 200,000 listeners, a gain of 11,000 (YoY)
Peter Woods, Head of RTÉ Radio 1 said:
” This JNLR is a snapshot of what has been an incredible time in the lives of people in this country. The performance of Radio 1 across the board is phenomenal. It’s a tribute to our programme teams and presenters, their hard work and enduring commitment – often, individually, in trying circumstances – delivering to the highest standards for our listeners. In this era when news is constantly questioned, RTÉ Radio 1 remains the trusted source and that is humbling for all of us here. Journalism matters.”
RTÉ 2FM WEEKEND SCHEDULE LISTERNERSHIP GAINS
12.8% WEEKDAY MARKET SHARE 15-34 YEAR OLDS
- 2FM Breakfast with Doireann and Eoghan has 126,000 listeners tuning in on weekday mornings
- Jennifer Zamparelli on 2FM has 152,000 listeners
- Tracy Clifford on 2FM has 130,000 listeners (+4,000 RoR)
- Jenny Greene on 2FM has 113,000 listeners.
Saturdays on 2FM sees growth:
- Fanning / Louise McSharry increases to 113,000, a growth of 17,000 listeners (YoY)
- Chris and Ciara gain 9,000 to 114,000 (YoY)
- Fanning/Stephen Byrne increases by 32,000 listeners to 131,000 (YoY)
Sundays on 2FM also sees growth:
- Fanning / Louise McSharry increases to 97,000, a growth of 34,000 listeners (YoY)
- Chris and Ciara grow 33,000 to 105,000 (YoY)
- Fanning / Stephen Byrne increases by 2,000 listeners to 91,000 (YoY)
Dan Healy, Head of RTÉ Radio Strategy and RTÉ 2FM said:
” At 2fm we had anticipated the justified surge of audience to RTÉ Radio 1. We are thrilled with how Jennifer Zamparelli’s programme performed, essentially unchanged, in period of a huge demand for news and current affairs. Tracy Clifford also has a very good book.
Our weekends saw significant growth, with big gains, especially for Chris and Ciara , Louise McSharry from 9am and Carl and Aifric at breakfast”
RTÉ lyric fm
RTÉ LYRIC FM INCREASES WEEKLY REACH TO 309,000 LISTENERS (+27,000 YoY)
RTÉ LYRIC FM HAS A WEEKDAY MARKET SHARE OF 2.2% FOR ADULTS 15+
- Lorcan Murray’s Classic Drive continues to increase listenership with 58,000 tuning in on weekday afternoons (+10,000 YoY and +2000 RoR)
- Marty in the Morning has 42,000 listeners turning on every morning (+4,000 YoY and +2,000 RoR)
- Niall Carroll’s Classical Daytime reaches 36,000 listeners (+6,000 YoY)
- Liz Nolan’s The Full Score has 45,000 listeners, increasing both book on book and release on release (+10,000 YoY and +5,000 RoR)
- The Mystery Train with John Kelly (Sunday) reaches 21,000 (+9,000 YoY)
Ann Marie Power, Group Head of Arts and Culture said:
“It’s heart-warming to see Lyric FM increase its reach with listeners. The audience knows Lyric is the place to go for calm in the storm. A salve for the soul providing people with the world’s most beautiful music and serving as a cultural force in Irish society.”