KEEP LISTENING TO RTÉ | WWW.RTE.IE/KEEPLISTENING
RTÉ will carry out essential maintenance of the Long Wave (LW) transmitter in Clarkstown, Co. Meath from 15th June 2021 for two months during which period RTÉ Radio 1 will not be available on LW 252. These works are necessary to ensure that RTÉ can continue to broadcast RTÉ Radio 1 on LW.
This essential maintenance of the transmitter was due to be carried out in 2020 but was postponed due to Covid-19 restrictions. For the health and safety of those carrying out the works, the transmitter must be switched off for the works period, until Saturday 14th August (estimated). Furthermore, the works must be completed during the summer months when there is better light and weather conditions.
The works will be carried out by RTÉ Transmission Network (2rn), a wholly owned subsidiary of RTÉ, responsible for the distribution and transmission of the programme services of RTÉ radio and television, as well as TG4 television, Virgin Media television and Today FM.
During this period, listeners will continue to have a wide range of choice to access RTÉ radio services which are available at www.rte.ie/keeplistening.
In summary, you access RTÉ radio services via:
- Internet TV
- Online at www.rte.ie/radio
- Freesat / Sky in Ireland & UK
- RTÉ Radio Player (Apple and Android app)
- Other radio apps, such as the Irish Radioplayer
- Voice search on Alexa or Google smart speakers ( see www.rte.ie/voice)
Those who do not have access to RTÉ’s radio services on FM or who do not have internet access will not be able to access RTÉ Radio 1 on LW 252 during the period of the works. However, through carrying out these essential works now RTÉ can continue to broadcast on LW 252.
Public queries can be directed to the RTÉ Information Office via email@example.com or on +35312083434.
During the essential works, RTÉ will continue to offer an abundance of Christian worship content on other platforms:
- On Sunday mornings on RTÉ One television and RTÉ Radio 1 Extra, Masses alternate each week with Protestant Services at 11.00am.
- On Sundays when RTÉ One / Radio 1 Extra transmits Mass, a Protestant Service is broadcast on the RTÉ News Channel at 2.15pm.
- Similarly, when RTÉ One / Radio 1 Extra transmits Protestant worship, there is Sunday Mass at 2.15pm on the RTÉ News Channel.
- There is also Aifrinn i nGaeilge (Mass in Irish) every Sunday at 11.00am on Raidio na Gaeltachta.
- All of this content can be accessed live or on catch-up via the RTÉ Player, RTÉ Radio Player and RTÉ.ie.
- The RTÉ News Channel is also continuing to air Mass every weekday at 10.30am while COVID restrictions remain in place in places of worship.