Imagine a different media future. Imagine a media created by YOU!
Are you full of bright ideas? Are you bursting to tell your OWN story? Do you want to share your creativity and your passion with the world? If so, the RTÉ Creative Futures weekend is for YOU.
RTÉ and the Creative Futures Academy are hosting a weekend of intensive training at UCD, Belfield and we want to hear from people from communities traditionally under-represented within the Irish media.
Whatever your story is, we’d love to hear from you! The event will be empowering, skills-focused and the first step on your creative career journey.
- A job showcase, exploring a range of media careers
- Practical sessions on mobile journalism and podcasting
- Workshops on creativity, ethics and the role of the media post-pandemic
- A pitching session in front of a panel of experts
- Opportunities to network and build your profile
- Ongoing mentoring and support beyond the weekend event.
- Your own unique voice and perspective
- Mind-blowingly good ideas
- Passion and enthusiasm!
How to apply:
We want to learn more about you and understand why you’d like to join us in November. To apply, send us a short statement (a written statement of no more than 300 words or a recording of no more than 90 seconds) to tell us how you will bring change and diversity to the Irish media landscape. The closing date for applications is Friday 15 October 2021. Twenty successful candidates will be selected.
Send your application statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will be judged on its ability to describe your ambitions, your creativity and the change you will bring. No previous professional media experience is necessary to apply. Five stipends will be available to cover travel and accommodation for those living outside the Dublin area.
Now’s the time. Let’s do this!